Holiday Closure Notice

The CLAS Community Law Program will be closed from December 22, 2018 to January 2, 2019. During this time, we will not be answering calls. If you are a tenant and your landlord is evicting you over the holidays, here are some things you should know.

CLAS may be able to help you if you are experiencing any of the following:

  • You received a Notice to End Tenancy and have lost your Residential Tenancy Branch hearing
  • There is an Order of Possession requiring you to leave your home
  • Your landlord has filed for judicial review of a Residential Tenancy Branch decision that you received
  • You are a member of a housing co-op and you have received a letter stating that your membership has been terminated
  • You are a tenant or a low-income homeowner facing foreclosure

What to do

You can call CLAS at 604-685-3425 or toll-free at 1-888-685-6222 to find out if we can assist you. Or, if you would prefer, you can fill out our online form.

Please have the following documents ready:

  • If you are a tenant, the Residential Tenancy Branch decision and order regarding your rental unit
  • If you are a co-op member, any correspondence from your co-op regarding your membership termination, your occupancy agreement and the co-op rules
  • If your home is being foreclosed, any court documents you have been served with
  • Any other documents you have that relate to your case

More resources to help you

Do you need more information about your rights and obligations as a tenant?

The Tenant Resource and Advisory Centre provides: information about tenancies, a tenant information phone line, a Tenant Survival Guide, an online course and a website which includes template letters you can give to your landlord.

Do you have an upcoming Residential Tenancy Branch dispute resolution hearing and would like legal advice or possible representation?

Access Pro Bono’s Residential Tenancy Program may represent low-income individuals appearing at dispute resolution hearings. You can also look at the PovNet map to find an advocate in your area.

Do you have questions about the Residential Tenancy Branch, their policies and procedures or need to download tenancy forms?

Visit the Residential Tenancy Branch website for more information.