Government Benefits

CLAS helps people access social benefits and other basic income supports. We may be able to help you if you have experienced any of the following situations:

  • You have applied for regular or disability benefits, a supplement, or other income supports from the Ministry of Social Development and Social Innovation and you have lost your appeal to the Employment and Assistance Appeal Tribunal (EAAT)
  • You have applied for Canada Pension Plan-Disability (CPP-D) or Old Age Security (OAS) and have lost your appeal to the Social Security Tribunal (SST)

What to do

You can call CLAS at 604-685-3425 or toll-free at 1-888-685-6222 to find out if we can assist you. Or, if you would prefer, you can fill out our online form.

Please have the following documents ready, if applicable:

  • The decision made by the EAAT or the SST about your benefits
  • If your case was before the EAAT, the bound appeal record in your case
  • Copies of any medical documentation or other evidence you submitted in support of your appeal
  • Any other documents you have that relate to your case